Wheels for Work
What: A program sponsored by Virginia Tire & Auto (“VTA”) under which VTA performs automotive repair services pro bono to low income families who are in need of transportation to get to and from their jobs. Not having a dependable vehicle is a barrier some people face in finding and keeping a job.
Purpose: To help working families in Northern Virginia have reliable transportation so that they can bridge the barrier between home and work.
Who is Eligible:
- Residents of Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties
- Persons that have a minor child under the age of 18
- Persons working at least 20 hours per week for 3 consecutive months or who are enrolled in a job training program
- Persons whose gross family unit income does not exceed 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Persons with a valid driver’s license
How to Apply:
- Register by completing initial application form
- You may recommend candidates by completing the application form
- Applications will be reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted for further information